After graduating from the University of Nebraska College of Law, Steve Dowding returned to his hometown of Grand Island, Nebraska to begin practicing law with his father and start this law firm. In addition to fighting for those that have been harmed, Steve is passionate about fighting for the rights of the accused.
Steve focuses his law practice primarily in the areas of criminal defense, workers’ compensation, and personal injury litigation with an emphasis in the defense of citizens accused of driving under the influence – DWI / DUI. Steve has received extensive training in DWI detection, standardized field sobriety testing and gas chromatography. Steve was voted Best Attorney in Grand Island based on the results of a survey conducted by the Grand Island Independent, a local newspaper, for the years 2014 – 2019.
- Nebraska Wesleyan University, Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communications, 1998
Outstanding Young Men of America Award
Delta Lambda Speech Honorary
Pi Kappa Delta, National Honorary Forensic Society
Delivered the Invocation during Commencement
- University of Nebraska College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1991
Law Student Division, American Bar Association
Student Bar Association
Community Legal Education Program
American Jurisprudence Award for excellence in the study of Constitutional Law II
- Hall County Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
- Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- Board of Directors, Nebraska Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- National College for DUI Defense
- Board of Directors, Fonner Park
- Board of Directors, Heartland Event Center
- “A Right Way and a Wrong Way: The Meat and Potatoes of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing.” Habeas Corpus, May 2007.
- “DWI Defense 2014 and Beyond”
- “Current Issues in Criminal Defense”