When you are injured while at work in Nebraska, there is a special court system designed by the state to pay for medical care and provide compensation for your injury. These laws are designed to protect workers and their dependents against the hardships arising from work injuries and work related death. Unfortunately, this does not stop insurance companies from denying injured workers the benefits they are entitled to.
As experienced workers’ compensation attorneys, we are able to quickly determine what benefits you may be entitled to, whether it is a lost income, medical bills, compensation for permanent disability or impairment, or the right to vocational counseling or retraining.
You are not required to hire a workers’ compensation attorney. However, you may find it difficult to handle a workers’ compensation claim without assistance, especially in cases involving severe injuries. We are not in the business of wasting your time or money. If we do not believe you need an attorney, we will tell you. If you experience any of the following, you may need an experienced workers’ compensation attorney to get you the benefits you deserve:
- The insurance company denies you were hurt at work.
- The insurance carrier says your injury is a pre-existing condition and you are not entitled to benefits.
- Medical bills are not being paid.
- You are unable to work because of your injury and are not being paid benefits.
- The workers’ compensation carrier wants to take your recorded statement.
- The workers’ compensation carrier tells you your case is closed.
- The workers’ compensation insurer tells you that you need to see their doctor even though you have your own physician.
At Dowding, Dowding, Dowding and Urbom Law our attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience representing people who have been injured at work. Here are just some of the types of cases in which we have helped injured workers:
- Trucking accidents
- Nursing accidents/health care provider injuries
- Factory accidents
- Construction accidents
- Chemical exposure
- Farming accidents
- Repetitive trauma accidents
Don’t let the workers’ compensation insurer use your inexperience against you. Contact one of our attorneys at (402) 477-1010 or (308) 382-9244 for a free and fair consultation. Our attorneys strive to get you the justice you deserve.